The agriculture sector is one of the key sectors of the Afican economy contributing to the livelihood of 70% of the Continents population,
- 25% of formal employment,
- 60% of agro-industry raw materials,
- 16% of export earnings and 15% to GDP.
The Continent's rich mineral resource base holds precious metals, gold, precious stones, other gemstones, base metals and energy minerals.
This mineral resource base presents lucrative opportunities for exploration, mining, and beneficiation.
Mineral exports account for over 50% of the country’s foreign exports earnings contributing about 16% to GDP.
Most of the industries in the manufacturing sector require investment to recapitalize business and expand operations.
The industries include;-
i) Diamond cutting & polishing and jewellery production,
ii) Granite cutting & polishing,
iii) Refinery for Platinum Group Metals (PMGs)
The tourism sector is one of the four key pillars of the economy alongside agriculture, mining, manufacturing, contributing 12% to GDP in 2014 and is projected to increase to 15% in 2020. Investment opportunities are available in the following areas;
i) Integrated Resorts,
ii) Golf Estates and Casinos,
iii) Hotels and lodges,
iv) Convention Centres and Exhibition Parks,
v) Amusement Parks,
vi) Shopping Malls and Restaurants,
vii) Trade Cross-Border Technology Parks.
10GW ENERGY AFRICA
10MW FLOATING POWER PLANT
1) DESCRIPTION :- AWIT Smart Technology Solar Floating Power Plant Establishment in Lake Mutirikwi Dam.
2) INVESTMENT :- USD$ 15Million
3) LOCATION :- Masvingo Province, Zimbabwe
MUNYENA GOLD MINING CONCESSION
1) DESCRIPTION :- Gold dump treatment, Mining Development, Aluvial and Reef Mining.
2) INVESTMENT :-USD100Million
3) LOCATION :- Munyena, Chimoyo, Mozambique
HARARE CBD WI-FI
1) DESCRIPTION :- Harare CBD Pilot Wi-Fi Cloud development to be replicated across the African Continent
2) INVESTMENT :- USD$ 1Million
3) LOCATION :- Harare, Zimbabwe